Charity Soccer Tournament
What is Score For A Cure?
Score for a Cure, Inc. was founded in 2009 after four women on one soccer team were diagnosed with breast cancer. Our organization (an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) charity), raises funds through our annual Score for a Cure Soccer Tournament to support eastern Massachusetts breast cancer-related programs and assist women diagnosed with breast cancer that are currently undergoing treatment for the disease.
We are a dedicated, all-volunteer organization that focuses on the effects of a breast cancer diagnoses on the local population. Our soccer tournament has grown each year since 2009, with our 2013 event raising over $30,000!
The Score for a Cure Soccer Tournament for Breast Cancer Charities is our signature event, with an average of fifty teams from six states participating each year.
Score for a Cure FAQ
- When does the early registration end?
- The reduced fees of early registration end on Jan 20. Regular registration begins Jan. 21.
- Why was my team put on a waiting list?
- Due to space and time constraints, there are limits to how many teams we can accept. Once a division is full, we will put you on a waiting list in case a team drops out. If we cannot find a place for your team, this is the one situation where we will return your fees.
- Can a player play on more than one team?
- Yes but those teams must be in different age divisions. Ex. A player could be rostered on a 40+ team and a 30+ team but could not play on two 30+ teams.
- How will you know the age of players?
- Players in adult divisions must provide proof of age during registration on the first day of play.
- Will we be playing on both Saturday and Sunday?
- Women’s divisions will play on both Saturday and Sunday. No exceptions.
- If our team has players on two teams, will the games be scheduled at different times?
- If you inform us that players are double rostered, we will do our best to schedule them at different times but there is no guarantee this will always work out.
- My team is playing in the 40+ but we have a player that is 39. Can she play?
- All players on a roster must be the correct age for the division by the time of the tournament. So to play on a 40+ team, you must be 40 by March 10, 2017. This is the only way it can be fair for all teams.
- Why should we treat the referees nicely?
- Our referees all volunteer their time for this weekend. We could not have a tournament without them. Please be sure your team is polite and respectful of the refs.
- When are the raffle winners drawn?
- Raffles winners are always pulled by midday on Sunday. You must be able to pick up your prizes, as we have no secure place to hold them. ID will be required to pick up raffle items.
- What are the tiebreakers?
- Tiebreakers will be on display at the tournament